Throughout the semester the blog assignments were a great tool of communication. It allowed us to exchange information while also giving us feedback from fellow classmates. The blogs encouraged us to confer knowledge and experiences, give advice as well as ask questions. I considered it a good way for social communication and improvement. They were a way of transmitting thoughts, ideas and feelings. This was the first time I have been instructed to do such an assignment and in my personal opinion I enjoyed it quite a bit. So indeed, it was an interesting way of a communicating channel out of class. I personally did not benefit from meeting others online which might have translated into communicating in class. I did enjoy reading my fellow classmates profiles and their perspectives on certain issues discussed during class. It definitely contributed to my thinking, evolving class activity to be translated through my blogs. We all have different approaches to certain situations and it's always interesting to hear what others feel and think. Through the eyes of others you are more able to rationalize at times. The prof's blogs were quite an attention getter. I did like how he used characters to make relations to our management course. Made it seem cool. It sort of made it more appealing and enjoyable to read. These blogs were created as a sense of contributing to some part of our overall grading which I find very helpful and considerate on the prof's part. It motivated us and encouraged us to want to do these blogs on time as it would give us a boost in our grades. I did not find it a problem to post my blog assignments on time. I wish all my classes had been like this. I always looked forward to knowing what the next topic would be. This class overall was very entusiastic, very interactive and outgoing. There was never a boring moment. Though as much as I might have enjoyed the blog posting I do not think that I will continue to post anything else. This will probably be my last posting unless the prof's adds one last one.
My feedback to the prof's: I truly think that these blogs should remain a component to this course. It helps evolve your communication skills as we express our different level of opinions and characters. I am almost sure that anyone else taking this course will benefit and enjoy this course criteria. Great course!!!!!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The blog assignment provided a wonderful channel by which every single person in class had a chance to express their opinions through the blogs. Considering the size of the class, I think the blogs helped us to read others' ideas and feelings, which would have been impossible without them. I loved to read and learn how other classmates see things differently too.
However, when it comes to the effectiveness of the blogs as a communication tool, my opinion is different from yours. To be effective, it should be two-way communication, but most of the time, there was lack of interaction with each other.
Anyhow, I loved the idea and learned a lot. Very unique experience to me...
the blog assignment was a great idea, it had it ups and down like any other assignment. but with all it's uniquesness it stood out. i thought of it as a good ice breaker for a large class to get to interact with each other.
it was a great expierence and it was fun having u in our group projects, even though we didn't win all of them.
Post a Comment